||Date of Addition
(Bug Fix Update)
|January 30, 2013
- Blazes drop 0-2 Glowstone Dust when killed.
- Added awkward potion to the creative menu
- Changed “Download Content” menu to “Minecraft Store”.
- New photo frames for avatar items in the Minecraft Store.
- Experience now has proper sound effect and effects.
- Entering the Nether may crash the game.
- Blocks may now disappear after placed when the server is busy.
||December 19, 2012
- 1.0.1 features
- 1.4.6 Feature: Item name appears above hotbar when switching to it.
- Phases of the moon added
- In creative mode, hostile mobs don’t go after the player, unless attacked.
- Potion brewing 
- 1.1 Feature: Bows are enchantable
- Experience 
- 1.3 Feature: Based on newer Enchanting system. Maximum level for enchantment is 30 instead of 50 but the player can surpass level 50 and go up over 100.
- 1.3 Feature: You’ll recieve experience from smelting and/or mining ores (e.g. iron ingotswhen smelting, redstone ores when mining).
- 1.4 Feature: Experience from breeding.
- Animal Breeding
- New biome:
- New mobs:
- New Nether generation
- New items/blocks
- Ender Pearls can now be thrown to teleport in Survival and Creative mode (will take damage upon landing)
- New tutorial world with new biome
- New mini-tutorials for new features
- Updated new music disc quest in the Tutorial world
- Skin-related animation for Skin Packs
- Option to disable skin animation
- Added Avatar Items to the download context menu.
- How to play: new section to brewing, enchantment, and breeding
- Fences now attach to adjacent blocks.
- Some players cannot sleep in Beds
- Although announced players cannot climb vines
- Some players cannot look in different directions after spawning
- Hotbar may not appear
- Hand may not appear, even when ‘Display Hand’ is on
||1.8.2 Bug Fix Update
||November 15, 2012
- Quick command to clear the hotbar in Creative mode. (X Button)
- Toggle to turn Void fog on and off. Fog is disabled by default. Void fog is dependant on the game’s Hosts’s settings.
- Option to disable HUD and appearance of player hand in graphics settings. 
- Cakes are now stackable. 
- Added a How To Play page for Host and Player options. 
- Fence collision box decreased to size of fence block
|Bug fixes: [Collapse]
- Fix for renaming save files.
- Fix for worlds created pre-1.8.2 crashing because of signs.
- Missing golden apple and pumpkin seeds crafting recipes.
- Golden Apple recipe will use gold ingots in place of nuggets. 
- Fix for respawning players appearing on maps while “Gamertag Display” is disabled.
- Fix for water and lava buckets in Creative mode not having infinite uses as intended.
- Fix for mob generation code to spawn more animals in the world. 
- Fix for chests being incorrectly lit and placed on worlds created before the 1.8.2 update. 
- Fix for eating animation showing on players who weren’t eating. 
- Fix for chest lids not behaving properly. 
- Fix for game sounds not playing when player has an empty hand. 
- Fix for mobs appearing to take damage when they aren’t. 
- Fix for Lever and Fence Gate sounds. 
- Fix for Leader of the Pack achievement being incorrectly rewarded. 
- Fix for Leaderboard stats. 
- Fix for hitbox issues with Glass Panes and Iron Bars 
- Fix for the small-character display turning green. 
- Fix for splitscreen players having settings set to zero. 
- Fix for issues with rendering with clouds disabled, and rendering blocks at the edge of the map. 
- Fix for splitscreen players not being able to mine in the tutorial. 
- Fix for players not being able to Sprint in creative after saving in survival with a low hunger bar.
- Fix for PvP damage from arrows while PvP is disabled 
- Fix for pressure plates not working correctly when activated. 
- Fix for the low food bar hint appearing during a creative game. 
- Removed player shadow from the Host while Host Invisibility is enabled 
- Fix for red flowers not spawning in world generation. 
- Fix for paintings being pushed by pistons 
- Fix to prevent players who can’t eat due to Trust Players being turned off do not get exhausted.
- Fixed an issue with the interface disappearing after using the Facebook Share tool. 
- Fix to limit the number of Slimes, Ghasts, and Silverfish that can be spawned in the world. 
- Fix to prevent the cursor from going offscreen in creative mode.
- Fixed issues with capes:
- Not displaying correctly while sprint-flying
- Not displaying while in the Nether
- Not displaying when the player respawns
- Fixed bows in Creative Mode so that they do not consume ammo when fired 
- Reduced the volume of the chest opening/closing sound effect 
||Beta 1.8.1 (Called Beta 1.8.2)
||October 16th 2012
- Added Huge Mushrooms.
- Disabled achievements and leaderboard updates if the player is in Creative mode, or if the world has been previously saved in Creative mode.
- Added a simple tutorial for Creative mode.
- Added flying and sprint-flying to Creative mode.
- Added new items and blocks to the game – Melon, Melon, Melon Seeds, Pumpkin Seeds, Raw Beef, Steak, Raw and Cooked Chicken, Rotten Flesh, Iron Bars, Fence Gate, Stone Bricks,Stone Brick Slabs, Stone Brick Stairs, Brick Slabs, Brick Stairs, Ender Pearls, Webs, Vines, 10 more Music Discs, Sponge and Chain Armor.
- Added new items to the Crafting Menu – Melon, Melon Seeds, Glass Panes, Fence Gates, Iron Bars, Stone Bricks, Stone Brick Slabs, Stone Brick Stairs, Brick Slabs, Brick Stairs.
- New biomes – Swampland, Ice Plains, Extreme Hills, and Ocean.
- Removed biomes – Rainforest, Seasonal Forest, Savanna, Shrubland, and Tundra.
- Changed the Bow to have drawing and firing action.
- Added quick move to the Dispenser.
- Added quick equip for armor to the inventory interface.
- Brought forward quick move for the furnace interface from 1.2.5.
- Brought forward the mining speed changes from 1.2.3
- Brought forward apples dropping from leaf blocks from 1.1
- Brought forward change from 1.2.3 to make pumpkins and melons grow from stems much faster, and not require farmland around the stem to grow on.
- Fix to vines brought forward from 1.2.3 to stop them spreading too much.
- Added food bar and hunger.
- Added the eating animation.
- Brought forward shapeless mushroom stew recipe from 1.3.1.
- Added the blocking move with swords.
- Changed all the text descriptions for food to show how much they refill the food bar.
- Passive mobs will now flee when hit.
- The snout on pigs now protrude from their head.
- Skeletons now hold full size bows.
- Animals no longer despawn which makes it possible to capture them.
- Zombies now drop Rotten Flesh instead of Feathers.
- Updated some mob sounds.
- Shears can now collect tall grass and the new vine.
- Improved sunrise and sunset.
- Improved the rain edges (when looking up in rain).
- Added Bedrock fog.
- User-placed leaf blocks no longer decay.
- Cloud height raised to the top of the map, so clouds can no longer phase through blocks.
- Cloud movement syncs with the game’s time.
- Pressure plates can now be placed on fences.
- Improved chest model with a 3D lock, and opening and closing animation.
- Added a countdown timer to the auto-save to stop it from being a surprise.
- Added the ability to rename an existing world.
- Added map icons to the in-game player list to match their color in the map.
- Added a confirmation dialog on the player choosing to exit without saving.
- Added a character display when sprinting or flying.
- Updated the How to Play HUD with food bar information.
- Added descriptions for Creative mode and sprinting to the How to Play menus.
- Updated the Download Content menu with pictures of the DLC available.
- Added death messages.
- Removed the void by making it impossible to break the bottom/top layer of bedrock.
Tutorial World changes & additions
- Changed the Tutorial world to enable the new terrain features in it.
- Added mini tutorial for sprinting in the Tutorial world.
- Added mini tutorial for eating in the Tutorial world.
- Added music disc quests in the Tutorial world – players can search the world for the 12 chests, each containing one of the music discs that can be played in a jukebox.
|Bug Fixes: [Collapse]
- Fix for duplication glitch.
- Fix for aspect ratio of things in hand when in splitscreen mode.
- Fix for issue with player data not saving (player starting world with no items they had when they saved).
- Fix for redstone tiles burning out when they shouldn’t.
- Fixed issue with Minecart with Furnace not being able to move another Minecart.
- Fixed particle code for flipped 3rd person view.
||Beta 1.7.3 (Bug Fix)
||August 7th 2012
1.1 (Bug Fix)
- Fix for a crash with pistons at the edge of the world
- Fix for a crash due to a thread safety issue usually caused by pistons
- Fix for issue with operating pistons on chunk boundaries
- Fix for a rendering flicker with active pistons
- Fix for rendering slowdown due to lighting issues
- Fix for rain going through blocks (raining indoors)
- Fix for Marketplace not launching when unlocking skin pack after selecting a locked skin in the trial version of the skin pack
- Fix for bug allowing locked skins to be selected if they are beside a free skin
- Fix for misaligned player scores when viewed under the “My Score” leaderboard filter
- Fix for the constant button press sounds when rotating a character in the skin select screen
- Fix for the constant sound effect played on the sign text entry
- Fix for thunder not being audible
- Fix for third person front view not displaying fire.
||July 13th 2012
|Changes that bring Xbox Edition up to date with Beta 1.7.3 [Expand]
- Added Character Skin Selector to allow players to choose their skin from the default skins, or from downloadable Skin Packs.
- Added lighting improvements (backported from Beta 1.8.1 of the computer version) and snow &rain improvements.
- Added a save file cache to improve the speed of displaying the saves list.
- Added ban list functionality to allow players to self-ban from levels they feel contain offensive content.
- Added a ban list section to the How To Play menus.
- Added an option for the host to limit online games to only players in their friends list (no friends of friends).
- Added a seed display to the level load screen (requires existing levels to be saved out again to add the display).
- Changed the tooltip display setting to in-game tooltip display, so that tooltips always display in menus.
- Added the crosshair to the list of things affected by the opacity slider.
- On using the quickselect bar, the opacity of the quickselect, tooltips, splitscreen gamertag display, and crosshair will be set to 80, and will fade back down to the user opacity setting after 6 seconds of no quickselect bar use.
- Added some more Tips & Trivia to the loading/saving screen display.
- Added the new textures for cooked porkchop and dispenser that were added in Beta 1.8 and1.2.1 respectively.
- Added ridged lines in iron blocks, and minor changes to other ore blocks added in 1.0.0.
Tutorial World changes & additions
- Added optional tutorial for pistons and redstone.
- Added a self-building bridge to the castle using pistons.
- Added some sugar cane, cacti and clay to the world.
- Added a few other things for players to discover.
|Bug Fixes: [Collapse]
- Fix for only the host being shown the pop-up when any player attempts to place lava near the spawn point.
- Fixed tooltip for flint and steel.
- Fix for note blocks not showing notes.
- Fix for Leaderboard reads taking too long.
- Fix to block players re-entering a level they have been kicked from, until the level is restarted.
- Fix to stop players being able to join a game when they are not a friend of any player in the game.
- Fix for netherrack re-appearing after being mined.
- Fix for a rare crash on entering the Nether.
- Fix for attacking enemies at a different level not damaging them (e.g. Attacking a pig while it’s standing in grass will now hit it).
- Fixed a problem causing some save games not to load.
- Fix for stone not being able to be picked up when mined.
||Beta 1.6.6 (Bug Fix)
||June 15th 2012
1.0 (Bug Fix)
- Added an autosave, and the ability to turn autosave off, or set it from 15 minutes up to 2 hours in 15 minute steps.
- Split the sensitivity controls into an in-game sensitivity and an in-menu sensitivity.
- Added an Interface Opacity slider in the settings for plasma screen users.
- Added a gamertag display in splitscreen, and the ability to enable/disable it in the settings.
- Added an option in the settings menu to enable/disable in-game hints.
- Added an option in the settings menu to enable/disable tooltips.
- Added a co-ordinate display to the in-game map.
- Added new sections in the How To Play on Multiplayer, Sharing Screenshots, and What’s New.
- Added a warning message when attempting to place lava near the spawn area.
- Fix for the leaderboard crash when toggling between filters/leaderboards.
- Fix for server disconnect message appearing when offline or in leaderboards.
- Fix for issue where posting a screenshot to Facebook caused a back out to the main menu.
- Fix for clay generation.
- Fix for ‘Awaiting Approval’ showing all the time on some signs.
- Various crafting menu fixes.
- Fix for being able to stand on sugarcane.
- Fix for intermittent crash on saving.
- Fix for duplication bug with the furnace and the dispenser.
- Fix for not being able to place water near the spawn area.
- Fix for intermittent problem on entering the Nether putting the player above the Nether world.
- Fix for frame-rate drop around the edge of the world.
- Fix for intermittent problem where some achievements were not being awarded.
- Fix for graphical issue with stairs.
- Fix for issue with enemies spawning inside a house when they shouldn’t.
- Fix for Zombie Pigmen not being counted for leaderboard scores.
- Fix for nether portal not being shown on screen after use.
||May 9th 2012
- First release, ported to Xbox as Minecraft Beta 1.6.6
- Beta 1.6.6 PC features
- Uses the newer game sounds from “The Sound Update”
- One 1.0.0 feature (face view)
- Tutorial mode added.
- Up to 4 players locally (requires HDTV A/V + HDMI or component cable)
- Up to 8 players online
- Simplified crafting system